Dr. Georgios Rigakos
- Sc. in Molecular Medicine, University of Athens, Medical School, Athens 2010
- D. with distinction (Honours Degree) University of Athens, Medical School, Athens, Greece 2003
- 2nd High School, Sparti, Greece – Diploma 1997.
- ESMO Examination Certificate (September 2014)
- Specialty of medical oncology certification (July 2014)
- Full medical license in Greece
- GMC full registration with license to practice (ref no 7449906)
MEMBERSHIP OF SOCIETIES
- International Association for the study of Lung Cancer (IASLC)
- Hellenic Society of Head and Neck Oncology (HeSHNO)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) Member in training.
- European Society of Medical Oncology (ESMO). (ID 39646)
- Athens Medical Association (2007)
SCHOLARSHIPS – AWARDS
- Scholarship with a grant from Hellenic Society of Medical Oncology for training in oncology at Royal Marsden, London, UK
- 1st place in final exams of Hellenic Boards of Oncology (EAKO)
- University of Athens scholarship for excellent performance in post graduate training course in Molecular Medicine (M.Sc.), Athens 2010
- University of Athens scholarship for excellent performance in academic year 1998-1999
- Merit in Anatomy examination for excellent performance (1999)
- Scholarship from “Geroulakeio” foundation of Sparti, Greece to study in the Medical School of Athens
- Merit for achieving highest graduating results of all high school students in Lakonia prefecture (1997)
CURRENT APPOINTMENT Consultant in Medical Oncology
3rd Dept. of Medical Oncology,
4 Erythrou Staurou Str & Kifisias Av.
- Consultant in Medical Oncology – 3rd Dept of Medical Oncology, “Hygeia” hospital, Athens September 1, 2014 – present
- Medical Oncology locum Sp. Reg. – Gynae/renal/melanoma unit (Dr. Susanna Banerjee) Royal Marsden Hospital, London July 1- 31, 2014
- Medical Oncology Sp.Reg. – University of Athens, Medical School “ALEXANDRA” hospital, Department of Medical Oncology (Prof. A.M. Dimopoulos), May 26, 2011 – June 17, 2014
- Medical Oncology Clin. Fellow (Detached with 6-month honorary contract for clinical fellowship) – Gynae/renal/melanoma unit (Dr. Susanna Banerjee) Royal Marsden Hospital, London Sept 16, 2013 – March 14, 2014.
- Internal Medicine SHO/Sp.Reg (including 6 months in Hematology) – University of Athens, Medical School, “LAIKO” University hospital (Prof. H. Moutsopoulos), June 20, 2008 – May 25, 2011.
- Associate assistant in medical oncology private practice (Dr. E. Razis), May 2008 – Sept 9, 2013.
- Post Graduate training program in Medical Oncology (attending with scholarship) Hygeia Hospital, 1st Department of Medical Oncology ( Dr. E. Razis) December 1, 2007 – April 1, 2008
- Post graduate training course in Molecular Medicine (M.Sc.) Molecular Carcinogenesis group (Prof V. Gorgoulis), Department of Histology and Embryology, Medical School, University of Athens February 1, 2007 – May 31, 2008
- Rural Community Service – General Hospital, Molaoi Lakonia, Greece, September 1, 2005 – January 31, 2007
- Army Service – Medical Officer February 24, 2004 – November 24, 2004